Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 125
Posts: 125   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 62080 times and has 124 replies Next Thread
supdood
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New Website - First Impressions

First impressions:

While I like how clean the site and forum design are, they are a bit hard on the eyes. Maybe some more contrast between the white and grey? Moving all text to black instead of some black and some grey would also help.

I like the new badge designs. Could we get the same designs as shown on the My Contribution page that contain a day or year value on the forums as well? Seems like we just need one or two sizes smaller than this: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/images/pb/mcm1_8_48.png.

As others have mentioned, knowing contribution per project is key to working toward those milestones.
----------------------------------------
Crunch with BOINC team USA
www.boincusa.com

[Sep 20, 2021 6:05:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I hate it!

I used the individual project totals to help determine which to concentrate on next. Can we have them back, please? That could have been reduced by omitting completed projects or just showing a total for those.

The badge colours are horrible - very indistinct.

Mike
[Sep 20, 2021 6:05:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aendgraend
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

I'm sorry, but when I opened the website today, I first thought my bookmark had broken.

The website is just way too white. I don't know what design students are being told these days, but to completely change things that have worked wonderfully for over 15 years is not really customer friendly, to say the least.

I also miss the possibility to see all badges at a glance, at the milestones I see on the left only a black and white award-like icon, better would be the corresponding badge right here.
Also not all projects are shown in the overview, but only a few, and I would have to click on "view all" to see them.

The displays of runtime, results returned and points earned are much too big for me, the smaller exact display below would be enough for me.

The blue overview at My activity - sorry - can go away. It makes no sense in my eyes. Current streak, ok, who likes it, I don't need it either.

Further down I see the top badges, but there is no possibility to display ALL badges (and to save this view as preferred).

the only colored detail on the whole page is a woman I don't know at all, in the Sharing section. What is the purpose of the image? As a teaser? Sorry, also pointless.

And then the Create Widget box, it couldn't be more spartan....

As for the badges themselves, I don't find the colors to distinguish well. The previous colors were much more catchy.

So, as a relatively early beta version I can accept that, but that should be the final version of the website, I just don't want to believe.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by aendgraend at Sep 20, 2021 6:09:25 PM]
[Sep 20, 2021 6:07:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
D_S_Spence
Advanced Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

I like the Milestones section.

I don't like the new badges. The old bronze, silver, gold, ruby, etc. had more meaning to me and were easy to see.

I also miss the individual project totals.

The overall new look is quite nice.
[Sep 20, 2021 6:36:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Way too bright! Leaves me snow blind. Are the new owners going to provide us, in the words of ZZ Top, some cheap sunglasses?

sad

[Sep 20, 2021 6:39:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Where have the project statistics gone? I was using the ARP stats to forecast the end of the project.

Mike
[Sep 20, 2021 7:01:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Where have the project statistics gone? I was using the ARP stats to forecast the end of the project.

Mike

These? - https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewProjects.do - Click on Africa Rainfall Project.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Sep 20, 2021 7:14:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nunesgh
Cruncher
Brazil
Project Badges:

The new widget is totally messed up.

Font size is way too big and does not respect the own margins of the widget. To the right, the text goes beyond the margin. To the bottom, the link to join WCG just disappears.

Please fix this.
[Sep 20, 2021 8:02:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Way too bright! Leaves me snow blind. Are the new owners going to provide us, in the words of ZZ Top, some cheap sunglasses?
sad

I agree. The addition of color would enhance the website. Too monochromatic in the white/blue spectrum. Like getting light bulbs at 6000 Kelvin vs. 3800 Kelvin.
Edit: The badges look like hieroglyphics on an Egyptian wall. (no offense to the ancient Egyptians.)
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Sep 20, 2021 8:15:44 PM]
[Sep 20, 2021 8:11:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 125   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread