Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 47
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 26567 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
Viktors
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 project near completion

I know our prior estimates for the completion date indicated that we would be done already. However, those estimates did not factor in delays required to handle the children and grand-children work units. Our new estimate is that we will complete this project in a little more than 5 weeks from now. We expect the researcher to provide an update soon after that. Thanks go to everyone who has contributed to this project.
[Aug 9, 2012 10:41:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zigfried
Senior Cruncher
Brazil
Project Badges:
Re: Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 project near completion

Thank you for the update.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 10, 2012 2:12:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rewood1000
Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I must say that this is good news for all those crunchers who needed some time for their next badge. With five weeks left, now is the time to go "all in".
[Aug 10, 2012 2:34:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am 'all in', I can assure you! This is unbelievably good news! I sure hope this massive volume of calculated data can be sorted out in the next couple of years. I am especially hoping that it can be of benefit to my young son, who is in his 3rd year of life.
[Aug 10, 2012 2:55:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3A4scLiRhJVcdT2K9q9kQNxzxYJ9
Advanced Cruncher

Hi Viktors, has been with pleasure. And thanks for the update. Always nice to see a projet reach completation, and since wcg added new projects recently, a completed project allows a refocus of computing power on other important pojects speeding them up :) nice :)
[Aug 11, 2012 7:55:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rilian
Veteran Cruncher
Ukraine - we rule!
Project Badges:

Viktors , thank you for the news! It's always goo to know estimated date to make sure you have well planned badge-hunting resources :)
[Aug 11, 2012 8:26:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bundaboy
Cruncher
Czech Republic
Project Badges:
smile Re: Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 project near completion

Thanks for the great news!

I want to finish 200 years on the project and with this new estimated time it is VERY possible, that I will make it! smile

[Aug 11, 2012 7:26:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yay!

Yeah, I hope it can help your son, kismetix
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 12, 2012 2:18:50 PM]
[Aug 12, 2012 2:18:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Zeta

Thanks for the wishes for my son, it is greatly appreciated.

I am amazed at contributors like bundaboy above, who have 200 years on this project! That is astounding. I have had two server class computers working on this full time for the last two months and I have only progressed to 45,000+ in the point standings.

Clearly, there are many dedicated people out there in the world with big hearts and who are true humanitarians. I am grateful beyond words for their efforts, believe me. I pray that these efforts come to fruition soon....
[Aug 12, 2012 6:41:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Hello Zeta

Thanks for the wishes for my son, it is greatly appreciated.

I am amazed at contributors like bundaboy above, who have 200 years on this project! That is astounding. I have had two server class computers working on this full time for the last two months and I have only progressed to 45,000+ in the point standings.

Clearly, there are many dedicated people out there in the world with big hearts and who are true humanitarians. I am grateful beyond words for their efforts, believe me. I pray that these efforts come to fruition soon....

Best wishes for your son!

Btw, will you stay with WCG after HCMD2 finishes? There are many other projects that could use your help.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Aug 12, 2012 7:06:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread