Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 203
Posts: 203   Pages: 21   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 49068 times and has 202 replies Next Thread
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New website design!!!

What do you think?

It looks modern. I like it!
----------------------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Mar 26, 2014 7:55:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: New website design!!!

I think it is much more pleasing to the eye. I'm currently checking things out and seeing how things look throughout. I will say that the first time loading the new page I got an error saying something about IBM's websphere. But a reload of the page seemed to fix it. If it happens again, I will report it.

[Mar 26, 2014 7:57:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

I think it is much more pleasing to the eye. I'm currently checking things out and seeing how things look throughout. I will say that the first time loading the new page I got an error saying something about IBM's websphere. But a reload of the page seemed to fix it. If it happens again, I will report it.

Coleslaw,

The error you saw was probably during one of the server updates. We shut down one server, update it, then restart it. Then we do the same thing to the next server, and so on...

Hope you all enjoy the new website design...more info on the changes deployed coming to the News section soon...

smile
ErikaT
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Mar 26, 2014 8:04:56 PM]
[Mar 26, 2014 8:04:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Also, do we have a new logo? In the widget page there are two logos, the new blue/red one and the old green one too.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Mar 26, 2014 8:06:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
USA
Project Badges:

Also, do we have a new logo? In the widget page there are two logos, the new blue/red one and the old green one too.

Falconet,

All of the Widgets should be the new logo. Please refresh your browser and let us know if you still see the former logo.

Thanks,
ErikaT
[Mar 26, 2014 8:08:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The new one looks like a bird's eye view of two stick people dancing... biggrin

[Mar 26, 2014 8:09:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
USA
Project Badges:

Coleslaw,

The error you saw was probably during one of the server updates. We shut down one server, update it, then restart it. Then we do the same thing to the next server, and so on...

Hope you all enjoy the new website design...more info on the changes deployed coming to the News section soon...

smile
ErikaT

Here is more information about the website redesign.

Thank you all for your support!
ErikaT
[Mar 26, 2014 8:16:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I see that we are now being requested to install the new BOINC client. I'm still on XP (but only for a few more weeks crying ) so don't actually plan to do it for real, but I started to read through everything. My main issue is that I've still to see anything that talks about migrating from the old version (6.10.58). I don't know if WUs will just keep running, or if there are any issues. But there's just nothing on this anywhere.

However, I did try to follow a link to the BOINC site in the WCG pop-out window (at /ms/installInstWin.jsp) and all I found was that the link (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/win_install.php) [Why is this URL a hot link? I didn't ask for that! The forum software did it without asking me!] is dead (404).

Everything is written to assume that you're on Windoze too ...

Oh dear.
[Mar 26, 2014 8:43:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Good looking new design. biggrin

It's just a pity it's not complemented with updated forum software. sad

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Mar 26, 2014 8:51:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I like the new look, it will take some getting used to after so many years on the old layout.
[Mar 26, 2014 8:55:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 203   Pages: 21   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread